Pages

Friday 12 May 2017

Stick Insects

We have been learning how to write a information report about stick insects. 


Can you see something in this photo?
Image result for stick insects camouflageIs it a stick with legs.
Oh no it is a insect.
It is a stick insect.
The maori word for a stick insect is ro.

Stick insects live in bushes and trees so that they can camouflage themselves when a predator comes.
Stick insects eat leaves.
Birds, wasps, and possums munch stick insects because they are predators but stick insects use Camouflage to keep safe.Camouflage means that they can look like plants and that they can not be seen by the predators.





This is the life cycle about a stick insect:




I think stick insects are awesome and, I love the camouflage is my favourite thing about, the stick insect.


4 comments:

  1. Kadyn I enjoyed reading your information report. I liked how you included the Māori word for stick insect. It is impressive how the stick insect can camouflage. What other animals do you know that use this to protect themselves?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Kidyn I think that stick insects are really cool I wish that I could blend is like that. one time I saw one is side.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mikael, This is Kadyn here,
      my name is spelt ¨KADYN¨ but any way nice job for the comment.

      Delete
  3. You say, what other animal do you know that use this to protect themselves!
    well a lady bird can camouflage in some flowers but a stick insect can't camouflage in some flowers and that is because it is to big to fit in there and that they actually camouflage in bushes that is brown and green.
    but thank you for asking me that is all I know.

    ReplyDelete

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well.
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say.
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about.